1. Push inward on the trip odometer reset button and turn the key to the auxiliary position (forward one click from the off position) until “Oil Service Re” or “Oil Service Reset” appears on the odometer screen.
2. Press the odometer reset button a second time until the work “Reset” or “Re” appears on the screen. The word will continuously flash.
3. Press the odometer reset button quickly to complete the reset. “End SIA” appears to indicate a successful reset of the system.
1. Turn Igniton off
2. With ignition ‘OFF’ press and hold both arrow buttons, turn ignition on.
3. Release buttons after 3 seconds – the reset reminder should be flashing.
4. Press and hold set button for approx 3 seconds or until beep.
5. If you need to reset oil service – Press and hold set button again for approx 3 seconds or until beep. ‘Service Reset No Items’ should show.
Resetting Oil Service Light on your 2002 – 2006 Cooper and Cooper S Hatchbacks, and 2005 – 2008 Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles:
1) Press and hold the trip button
2) Insert key and turn to position 1
3) Watch for RESET to appear
4) Release the button, then press & hold it again
5) Wait for the RESET to flash
6) Release the button, and then press & release (once only)
7) Service interval should then be reset to next interval
If that didn’t work, try this:
1. Push the Trip Button
2. Turn ignition key to position 1 and 51A will appear to left of mileage
3. Release trip button
4. Wait 3 seconds
5. Push trip button
6. Wait (5-8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner
7. Release trip button
8. Push trip button
9. 15000 will appear as new service interval
10. Release trip button
1. Press and hold the trip odometer button.
2. Insert car key and turn it to the fi rst position (not the second position).
3. You will see 51A come up in the trip odometer area.
4. Release, then press and hold again.
5. Watch for the word “RST” to appear on the Odometer indicator.
6. Release, then press and hold again.
7. Wait for the “RST” message to fl ash.
8. Release, and then press & release (once only).
1. Start the car and set the odometer to the total vehicle miles setting
2. Turn off the car
3. Hold in the odometer button
4. Turn the car on by pressing ‘start’ twice but DO NOT start the car (don’t press the break peddle)
5. Continue to hold the odometer button in until it resets to all zeros
6. Let it go
Turn key switch ON or when start engine, the instrument panel will display “OIL Service” or“INSPECTION” and left distance for several seconds. If “Service” or“ INSPECTION” are lit all the time and the left distance is next to “0”? it indicates that it needs oil service reset.
Reset by manual :
1. Press RESET button in the left of instrument panel.
2. Turn key ON and to ACC position.
3. Waiting for the instrument displays “OIL Service” or “INSPECTION” is flashed.
4 Release RESET button, then press five seconds, the screen will display RESR or RE is flashed. Release RESET button again and press again till the screen displays “25000km”. Now reset is completed.
When you find there is “-“symbol in front of the left distance number in the screen, and you can’t do reset with the above method, now you can use X-431 to reset oil service.