With the ignition on, Press the end of the wiper stalk until miles to service appears on the dash screen.
Now, press and hold the mileage reset button on the instrument binnacle for more than 5 seconds, it will start to flash. Let go
This will reset your miles to service to the factorysetting and get rid of the flashing spanner !
Hope this helps a few people.
Many models in the BMW 1-series are equipped with a maintenance system that monitors driving conditions to calculate when regular maintenance should be completed. When the computer determines it is time for regular service, a reminder light is illuminated on the control panel. After the scheduled service is performed, the service lights should be reset in order for the computer to accurately track when the next service will be due.
1. Insert the key into the ignition.
2. Press the “Start/Stop” button. Wait for the service reminder lights to turn on and off.
3. Press and hold the trip odometer “Reset” button.
4. Release the “Reset” button when the service menu appears.
5. Press the “Menu” button on the end of the turn signal arm to move through the menu until the service reset option is highlighted.
6. Press and hold the “Reset” button until the service light resets.
When a service is needed based on the car’s mileage or time since the last service, the display screen on a Mercedes C230 will notify you. The display screen is located within the speedometer on the instrument panel. Mercedes mechanics will reset the Service B notification light after the service is performed. If you performed the service, you need to reset the light yourself. Service B includes an oil and filter change, a tire rotation and other maintenance checks.
1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it until the battery comes or the engine turns on.
2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons on the left side of your steering wheel. Press either button until the mileage is displayed on the instrument panel display screen.
3. Press the up or down button until the service symbol appears on the screen.
4. Locate the trip odometer reset button to the left of the instrument panel. Hold the reset button for a few seconds until the screen displays the message, “Do you want to reset the service interval? Confirm with the R-button.” Release the button once the phrase appears.
5. Press the reset button to reset the Service B notification.
The Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 features an engine oil-life tracking system as part of the car’s computer. The computer monitors driving habits and engine conditions to determine when the oil needs to be changed. The control panel displays a reminder when the car needs an oil change. In order for the computer system to work correctly to predict the next oil change, reset the light following an oil service.
1. Insert the key in the ignition. Turn the key to position “2.”
2. Press the adjust button twice within one second. The adjust button is located below the speedometer.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Press and hold the adjust button. Turn the ignition to position “2.”
5.Release the adjust button after a signal sounds and the service indicator resets visibly.