BMW recommends the use of a reset tool.
1. Turn ignition to Terminal 15 which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
2. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button for 10 seconds.
3. The upper display in the Instrument Cluster will be illuminated with a Service Item. The lower display in the Instrument Cluster will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for that Service Item. Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the Condition Based Service Items.
4. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again and the lower display screen will indicate “”OK”” or “”DUE””.”
5. Pressing the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again will allow the “”RESET”” to appear in the lower window for that service. Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only. ”
6. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.