1. Turn ignition on but do not start engine.
2. Press the RESET button on the top left side of the instrument cluster for 10 seconds to display a four (4) line menu in the speedometer.
3. Press the RESET button or LOWER AXIAL (FAS) button on the turn signal/high beam switch to scroll through the menu.
4. Select ENGINE OIL and press the RESET button for a few seconds to display a two (2) line menu in the tachometer.
5. Press the RESET (or AXIAL) button to select the SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE.
6. Press the RESET button again for a few seconds.
7. Turn off ignition and restart vehicle to verify reset.
BMW recommends the use of a reset tool.
1. Turn ignition to Terminal 15 which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
2. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button for 10 seconds.
3. The upper display in the Instrument Cluster will be illuminated with a Service Item. The lower display in the Instrument Cluster will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for that Service Item. Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the Condition Based Service Items.
4. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again and the lower display screen will indicate “”OK”” or “”DUE””.”
5. Pressing the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again will allow the “”RESET”” to appear in the lower window for that service. Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only. ”
6. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Leave a Reply