Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
Ensure odometer reading is shown. Turn ignition off.
While holding down the trip meter reset knob turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
Hold down knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates “000000” and the light goes off. If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
1. With the car started (ignition on), set the LCD odometer readout to total mileage (not trip A or B).
2.Turn the car off (ignition key to the OFF position).
3. Push in AND HOLD the button/knob that switches the odometer
4. Turn key to ON position without starting the car. You will notice the maintenance light blink and go out.
5. Release the odometer button/knob.
6. Turn key to OFF position.
That’s it! The “MAINT REQD” light has been reset to warn you to change your oil in another 5,000 or 7,500 miles or so.