Renowned for its performance and stylish design, the Seat Leon is a popular five-door hatchback manufactured in Seat’s factory in Martorell, Spain. In 2017, this model underwent a minor external makeover, enhancing its overall appeal.
With the revamp, the front and rear bumpers were given a new look, and the lighting received an upgrade with full-LED headlights, LED-equipped fog lamps, and indicators. Moreover, the power options were also refreshed, introducing a new 1.6 TDI with 115 hp.
When your Seat Leon is due for a service or inspection, an oil change service minder featuring a spanner light will be displayed. After servicing your vehicle, it’s essential to reset this service minder. Here’s how you can reset the Oil Change Service Minder Light on your Seat Leon:
Instructions for Resetting the Oil Change Service Minder Light
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the START-STOP ENGINE button without touching the brake pedal.
- Navigate to the DRIVING DATA menu using the ❏ button located on the steering wheel.
- Scroll down and select the RANGE menu by pressing the OK button.
- Once you’re in the RANGE menu, hold the OK button for 5 seconds to enter the Service Menu.
- In this menu, you can choose to RESET OIL CHANGE or RESET INSPECTION.
- Select the appropriate reset option, and when a message appears on the display, press the OK button to confirm.
Instructions for Resetting the Inspection Minder Light
- With the ignition key in the “ON” position without starting the engine, go to the DRIVING DATA menu using the ❏ button.
- Find and select the AUTONOMY menu.
- Press the OK button for 5 seconds and then release it.
- Choose RESET OIL SERVICE or RESET SERVICE.
- When a message appears on the display, press the OK button to confirm.
These guidelines are aligned with the official SEAT owner’s manual and are applicable to the fourth-generation Seat Leon (2020 and 2021 model years). This detailed guide on resetting the 2020-2021 Seat Leon Oil Change Service Light should help you maintain your vehicle more effectively.