This Complete Guide to Reset Skoda Rapid Service Light (2012-2019) pertains to the compact-class passenger car, the Škoda Rapid. First unveiled at IAA 2011 as a close-to-production concept named Škoda mission L, the Skoda Rapid fills the gap between the Fabia and Octavia models in the Škoda lineup. Manufactured alongside the identical Seat Toledo IV at the Škoda Mladá Boleslav plant, the Rapid variants for Asian markets are produced by Shanghai Volkswagen. The car’s launch in Germany took place on October 20, 2012.
Introduced in October 2012, the Rapid has a hatchback design with a large tailgate. Since September 2013, a shorter hatchback version, the Rapid Spaceback, has also been available. The engine range for both versions is the same, barring the smallest 55 kW engine which is not offered for the Rapid Spaceback. Standard features include six airbags, ABS and ESP, central locking, power steering, height-adjustable steering wheel, and electric windows.
Steps to Reset Skoda Rapid Service Light (2012-2019)
If you exceed the specified service interval, the Service minder Light will start flashing, indicating the need to reset the service interval. Follow the steps below to reset the service light on your Skoda Rapid:
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, without starting the engine.
- There are two buttons on the instrument cluster, press the LEFT one repeatedly until you see the SPANNER symbol.
- Ensure you are in the Trip menu that displays the spanner symbol, then turn OFF the ignition.
- Next, press and hold the RIGHT button (00/SET), and simultaneously turn the ignition switch to the ON position again.
- Continue holding the button for 5 seconds and then press the LEFT button once.
- The spanner light will disappear from the display indicating that the service light has been reset.
- Now, turn off the ignition, start the engine, and check if the indicator has been reset.
- You’re done!
Based on the Škoda owner’s manual, this procedure applies to the second generation of the Skoda Rapid (2012-2019 model years). We hope that this guide on How To Reset Skoda Rapid Service Light (2012-2019) proves useful for you. Best of luck!