How to reset oil service on a Skoda Fabia Elegance combi 1.4 16v AUB 74kw 2002
Press and hold button A (the right/cel din dreapta)
Switch ignition ON Release button A
The letters ,OEL, or ,OIL, will appear in the trip recorder display
For models with digital clock turn button B to the right until ,bar, appears in the display
For models with analogue clock pull out button B until ,bar, appears in the display
Reset service light Skoda Octavia 2, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
1. Switch off the ignition and press the reset knob of the trip counter below the speedometer and hold.
2. Switch on the ignition and release the reset button, one of the service events appear in the display.
3. It is possible to switch between the the readouts of the service events by briefly pressing the reset button.
4. When the particular service event is displayed, turn the button for setting the digital clock to the right, service appears in the display.
5. Switch off the ignition. Only now is the service event reset.
Hot to reset service light on a Seat Arosa
The SEAT owners manual for the Arosa states.
With the ignition switched off, press and hold the trip meter reset button below the speedometer.
Then, switch the ignition on and hold the reset button for atleast 10 sconds.
Dashes will then appear in the display.
The service has been reset.
Service indicator system Seat Cordoba, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
IN00, No service is required, standard display.
OEL, When 7500 miles has been reached before the yearly service is required.
IN01, Indicates time for the yearly service inc oil change.
IN02, Indicates it is time for the Major service. T
O RESET THE INDIVIDUAL COUNTERS.
1) turn on ignition (do not start).
2) Press the trip reset button button on the speedo (the trip value will not reset to zero but will reappear when the procedure is finished).
3) Turn off the ignition and thne release the trip reset button. In the LCD display you will see the word OEL. Using the minute set button for the clock (lower one) you will reset the OEL interval counter. Press it, hold, release, 5 horizontal lines will appear in the display.
4) press and release the trip reset button. In the LCD display you will see IN01 repeat step 3 to reset the inspection counter when required.
5) Again press the trip reset and rest the IN02 counter if necessary. If doing an oil change only reset the OEL counter. If doing an inspection service reset both the OEL and IN01 counters. If doing a full service reset all 3, OEL, IN01 and ,IN02.
6) Turn on ignition (do not start the car).
7) After the appearance of the IN00 display turn off the ignition.
8) You are done the trip counter should read as it did before you started.
PROGRAMMING THE INTERVALS TO REQUIREMENTS
With todays higher spec oils and/or peoples need and desire to service more regular there is a way to alter the counters to your prefered settings (within reason).
1) Turn on ignition (dont start the car).
2) press the trip reset button also press the Minute set button on the clock (lower one).
3) The LCD display OEL 1,S where the S indicates SET.
4) Using the trip reset button you can call up the following counter data in sequence.
OEL 1,S Distance counter for oil change (7500 standard).
OEL 2,S Time counter for oil change (12 months).
IN 01,S Time counter for yearly service interval (12 months).
IN 02,S Distance counter for full service (15000 miles).
5) Using the minute SET button on the clock (lower one) you can display the current value repeated pressing of the button will select a subsequent lower value and at the lowest level will reset to the highest and start to decrease again (so dont panic). the steps work in miles (500 at a time) and time steps in bi-monthly (1, 2months) i.e.1,2,3,4,5,6.
6) Once you have set the counter to the value you require turn off the ignition.
7) Job done
1. Insert the key into the ignition but leave the ignition turned off.
2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset button.
3. Turn the ignition to ON.
4. Press and release the MIN clock adjustment button.
5. Release the trip odometer reset button when the oil change light resets.