RESETTING 5000 MILE SERVICE LAMP ON 1994 + 1995 850
NOTE: This function is for the service reminder lamp, be sure you have performed the proper service such as changing the oil before resetting. If the check engine lamp is illuminated when the car is running, you’ll need to have the car looked at by the Volvo dealer for proper diagnosis.
1. Turn on the ignition to the KPII position so the warning lamps on the dash are illuminated. Do not start the car.
2. Open the bonnet of the car and locate Diagnostic test port (A) behind the driver side headlamp.
3. Remove the cover and pull the jumper wire out of the holder in the cover.
4. Insert the jumper into terminal #7, then press button 4 times, wait approximately 5 seconds and the red lamp should glow continuously. You are now in the data reset mode.
5. Press the button 1 time and wait approximately 5 seconds for the lamp to glow again then press the button 5 times. After about 5 seconds the lamp will illuminate again, press the button 1 time and you will see the lamp flash repeatedly for a couple of seconds indicating that the service lamp has been properly reset.
6. If a mistake is made, simply switch the ignition off and back on to reset and start over.
1996 Model (Some of them)
On these models the diagnostic socket is in front of the gear stick. Switch the ignition on. As you look at the speedometer on the dash, beneath it opposite the trip reset button is a rubber plug. Remove the plug and with a thin pointer such as a ball point pen, depress the pin. This will reset the service light.
1999 Model Service Lamp Reset Procedure
1. Press and hold trip odometer reset button
2. Turn ignition key to run position KPII (not the start position)
3. Wait 30 seconds or until service light begins blinking
4. Release Trip Odometer button
5. Turn ignition to off position
To reset the service indicator on the scenic II is as follows:
Scroll through the trip computer using the button on the end of the right hand stalk control until you get to the miles till service indicator (or the “change oil soon message” will appear if due)
Then press and hold the same button in and hold it. The miles indicator will then flash then change to 18000, keep the button pressed until the 18000 stops flashing.
NOTE: If the word “service” appears on your dash then that does NOT mean that a service is due. It is an indication that the vehicle is faulty and has a stored major fault code.
The indicator that a Service is due is when the words “change oil soon” appears or the spanner starts flashing.
Many models in the BMW 1-series are equipped with a maintenance system that monitors driving conditions to calculate when regular maintenance should be completed. When the computer determines it is time for regular service, a reminder light is illuminated on the control panel. After the scheduled service is performed, the service lights should be reset in order for the computer to accurately track when the next service will be due.
1. Insert the key into the ignition.
2. Press the “Start/Stop” button. Wait for the service reminder lights to turn on and off.
3. Press and hold the trip odometer “Reset” button.
4. Release the “Reset” button when the service menu appears.
5. Press the “Menu” button on the end of the turn signal arm to move through the menu until the service reset option is highlighted.
6. Press and hold the “Reset” button until the service light resets.
When a service is needed based on the car’s mileage or time since the last service, the display screen on a Mercedes C230 will notify you. The display screen is located within the speedometer on the instrument panel. Mercedes mechanics will reset the Service B notification light after the service is performed. If you performed the service, you need to reset the light yourself. Service B includes an oil and filter change, a tire rotation and other maintenance checks.
1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it until the battery comes or the engine turns on.
2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons on the left side of your steering wheel. Press either button until the mileage is displayed on the instrument panel display screen.
3. Press the up or down button until the service symbol appears on the screen.
4. Locate the trip odometer reset button to the left of the instrument panel. Hold the reset button for a few seconds until the screen displays the message, “Do you want to reset the service interval? Confirm with the R-button.” Release the button once the phrase appears.
5. Press the reset button to reset the Service B notification.