This Maintenance light is a reminder : “TIME FOR AN OIL CHANGE!”
1. Turn the ignition key to the ‘OFF’ position with the trip meter A reading shown.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ‘ON’ position while holding down the trip meter ‘RESET’ button.
3. Hold down the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates ‘000000’ and the light goes off.
“Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
1.Ignition position I
2. Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
3. Ignition position II. Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds
4. Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset. Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released
5. Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
6. If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.”
RESETTING 5000 MILE SERVICE LAMP ON 1994 + 1995 850
NOTE: This function is for the service reminder lamp, be sure you have performed the proper service such as changing the oil before resetting. If the check engine lamp is illuminated when the car is running, you’ll need to have the car looked at by the Volvo dealer for proper diagnosis.
1. Turn on the ignition to the KPII position so the warning lamps on the dash are illuminated. Do not start the car.
2. Open the bonnet of the car and locate Diagnostic test port (A) behind the driver side headlamp.
3. Remove the cover and pull the jumper wire out of the holder in the cover.
4. Insert the jumper into terminal #7, then press button 4 times, wait approximately 5 seconds and the red lamp should glow continuously. You are now in the data reset mode.
5. Press the button 1 time and wait approximately 5 seconds for the lamp to glow again then press the button 5 times. After about 5 seconds the lamp will illuminate again, press the button 1 time and you will see the lamp flash repeatedly for a couple of seconds indicating that the service lamp has been properly reset.
6. If a mistake is made, simply switch the ignition off and back on to reset and start over.
1996 Model (Some of them)
On these models the diagnostic socket is in front of the gear stick. Switch the ignition on. As you look at the speedometer on the dash, beneath it opposite the trip reset button is a rubber plug. Remove the plug and with a thin pointer such as a ball point pen, depress the pin. This will reset the service light.
1999 Model Service Lamp Reset Procedure
1. Press and hold trip odometer reset button
2. Turn ignition key to run position KPII (not the start position)
3. Wait 30 seconds or until service light begins blinking
4. Release Trip Odometer button
5. Turn ignition to off position
Many models in the BMW 1-series are equipped with a maintenance system that monitors driving conditions to calculate when regular maintenance should be completed. When the computer determines it is time for regular service, a reminder light is illuminated on the control panel. After the scheduled service is performed, the service lights should be reset in order for the computer to accurately track when the next service will be due.
1. Insert the key into the ignition.
2. Press the “Start/Stop” button. Wait for the service reminder lights to turn on and off.
3. Press and hold the trip odometer “Reset” button.
4. Release the “Reset” button when the service menu appears.
5. Press the “Menu” button on the end of the turn signal arm to move through the menu until the service reset option is highlighted.
6. Press and hold the “Reset” button until the service light resets.
The Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 features an engine oil-life tracking system as part of the car’s computer. The computer monitors driving habits and engine conditions to determine when the oil needs to be changed. The control panel displays a reminder when the car needs an oil change. In order for the computer system to work correctly to predict the next oil change, reset the light following an oil service.
1. Insert the key in the ignition. Turn the key to position “2.”
2. Press the adjust button twice within one second. The adjust button is located below the speedometer.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Press and hold the adjust button. Turn the ignition to position “2.”
5.Release the adjust button after a signal sounds and the service indicator resets visibly.