Service indicator system Seat Cordoba, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
IN00, No service is required, standard display.
OEL, When 7500 miles has been reached before the yearly service is required.
IN01, Indicates time for the yearly service inc oil change.
IN02, Indicates it is time for the Major service. T
O RESET THE INDIVIDUAL COUNTERS.
1) turn on ignition (do not start).
2) Press the trip reset button button on the speedo (the trip value will not reset to zero but will reappear when the procedure is finished).
3) Turn off the ignition and thne release the trip reset button. In the LCD display you will see the word OEL. Using the minute set button for the clock (lower one) you will reset the OEL interval counter. Press it, hold, release, 5 horizontal lines will appear in the display.
4) press and release the trip reset button. In the LCD display you will see IN01 repeat step 3 to reset the inspection counter when required.
5) Again press the trip reset and rest the IN02 counter if necessary. If doing an oil change only reset the OEL counter. If doing an inspection service reset both the OEL and IN01 counters. If doing a full service reset all 3, OEL, IN01 and ,IN02.
6) Turn on ignition (do not start the car).
7) After the appearance of the IN00 display turn off the ignition.
8) You are done the trip counter should read as it did before you started.
PROGRAMMING THE INTERVALS TO REQUIREMENTS
With todays higher spec oils and/or peoples need and desire to service more regular there is a way to alter the counters to your prefered settings (within reason).
1) Turn on ignition (dont start the car).
2) press the trip reset button also press the Minute set button on the clock (lower one).
3) The LCD display OEL 1,S where the S indicates SET.
4) Using the trip reset button you can call up the following counter data in sequence.
OEL 1,S Distance counter for oil change (7500 standard).
OEL 2,S Time counter for oil change (12 months).
IN 01,S Time counter for yearly service interval (12 months).
IN 02,S Distance counter for full service (15000 miles).
5) Using the minute SET button on the clock (lower one) you can display the current value repeated pressing of the button will select a subsequent lower value and at the lowest level will reset to the highest and start to decrease again (so dont panic). the steps work in miles (500 at a time) and time steps in bi-monthly (1, 2months) i.e.1,2,3,4,5,6.
6) Once you have set the counter to the value you require turn off the ignition.
7) Job done
The Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) is fitted to all 2000 EuroVans It stores two sets of information: Oil Change and Inspection Service. Here is the method to manually reset the SRI after performing a service:
Switch ignition OFF.
Press and hold down the trip odometer reset button (at the lower right of the instrument cluster).
Switch ignition ON and release the trip odometer reset button. It is not necessary to start the engine; merely turn the key until the ignition is ON.
The trip mileage area now displays “Service OIL”.
If trip odometer reset button is now pressed again, the display turns to “Service INSP”. Pressing the button again will cycle the display back to “Service OIL”.
When the reminder that needs to be reset (either OIL or INSP) is displayed, turn button for setting the clock (at lower left of instrument cluster) to the right. The display changes to “Service —-“. That reminder is now reset.
The second reminder is unaffected unless it is displayed by pressing trip odometer reset button and the clock button is turned right again.
Switch ignition OFF and back ON to resume normal display.
IN01 -inspection service
Switch ignition ON
Press and hold button (A left) under speedo
Switch ignition OFF
Press and release button A (left)
The letter “IN01” will appear in the odometer display of the speedometer.
Press clock minute button B until “—–” appears in the display
Press button A (left) to display “OEL”
Press button B to display “—–”
Switch ignition on until the letters “IN00” appear in the display
I have instructions for Oil service (OEL) and IN02 inspection service if this doesn’t work.