1. Insert the key into the ignition but leave the ignition turned off.
2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset button.
3. Turn the ignition to ON.
4. Press and release the MIN clock adjustment button.
5. Release the trip odometer reset button when the oil change light resets.
1.Sit in the driver’s seat of the XL7. Insert the ignition key and turn it to “RUN.” Do not start the engine.
2.Press and release the gas pedal three times within five seconds. Watch for the engine oil light to flash, indicating that the system is reset.
3.Turn the key to “OFF” and remove it from the ignition.
RESETTING 5000 MILE SERVICE LAMP ON 1994 + 1995 850
NOTE: This function is for the service reminder lamp, be sure you have performed the proper service such as changing the oil before resetting. If the check engine lamp is illuminated when the car is running, you’ll need to have the car looked at by the Volvo dealer for proper diagnosis.
1. Turn on the ignition to the KPII position so the warning lamps on the dash are illuminated. Do not start the car.
2. Open the bonnet of the car and locate Diagnostic test port (A) behind the driver side headlamp.
3. Remove the cover and pull the jumper wire out of the holder in the cover.
4. Insert the jumper into terminal #7, then press button 4 times, wait approximately 5 seconds and the red lamp should glow continuously. You are now in the data reset mode.
5. Press the button 1 time and wait approximately 5 seconds for the lamp to glow again then press the button 5 times. After about 5 seconds the lamp will illuminate again, press the button 1 time and you will see the lamp flash repeatedly for a couple of seconds indicating that the service lamp has been properly reset.
6. If a mistake is made, simply switch the ignition off and back on to reset and start over.
1996 Model (Some of them)
On these models the diagnostic socket is in front of the gear stick. Switch the ignition on. As you look at the speedometer on the dash, beneath it opposite the trip reset button is a rubber plug. Remove the plug and with a thin pointer such as a ball point pen, depress the pin. This will reset the service light.
1999 Model Service Lamp Reset Procedure
1. Press and hold trip odometer reset button
2. Turn ignition key to run position KPII (not the start position)
3. Wait 30 seconds or until service light begins blinking
4. Release Trip Odometer button
5. Turn ignition to off position
Resetting Oil Service Light on your 2002 – 2006 Cooper and Cooper S Hatchbacks, and 2005 – 2008 Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles:
1) Press and hold the trip button
2) Insert key and turn to position 1
3) Watch for RESET to appear
4) Release the button, then press & hold it again
5) Wait for the RESET to flash
6) Release the button, and then press & release (once only)
7) Service interval should then be reset to next interval
If that didn’t work, try this:
1. Push the Trip Button
2. Turn ignition key to position 1 and 51A will appear to left of mileage
3. Release trip button
4. Wait 3 seconds
5. Push trip button
6. Wait (5-8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner
7. Release trip button
8. Push trip button
9. 15000 will appear as new service interval
10. Release trip button
1. Press and hold the trip odometer button.
2. Insert car key and turn it to the fi rst position (not the second position).
3. You will see 51A come up in the trip odometer area.
4. Release, then press and hold again.
5. Watch for the word “RST” to appear on the Odometer indicator.
6. Release, then press and hold again.
7. Wait for the “RST” message to fl ash.
8. Release, and then press & release (once only).