1) Ensure ignition key is turned off.
2) Press and hold the odometer reset button whilst turning the ignition switch to the on position.
3) Keep the odometer reset button pressed for 10 seconds whilst the service display counts down from 10 to 0. When the count down reaches zero the spanner icon will vanish from the display and the service indicator will be reset.
To reset the oil change indicator system (after
performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not
start the engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times
within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you
start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not
reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
Many Jeep vehicles track the intervals between oil changes to alert the driver when the next oil change is needed. A light illuminates on the control panel when the internal system determines it is time for an oil change. Most Jeep mechanics reset the oil light as part of the oil change service. If you change the oil in your Jeep yourself, you can manually reset the oil light. Resetting the oil light after an oil change allows the system to accurately track the time until the next oil change is needed. The procedures described in this article apply to 2010 Jeep models.
1.Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position. Do not start the engine.
2.Press the accelerator pedal completely to the floor slowly three times within a 10-second span.
3.Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
4.Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position again. The oil light should be off. If the oil light is still illuminated, repeat the previous steps.