1. Turn your ignition key to the ‘ACC’ or ‘LOCK’ position.
2. Press and hold the trip meter reset nob (next to your Toyota Land Cruiser’s odometer).
3. While holding the trip meter reset nob, turn the ignition to ‘ON’, but do not start your Toyota Land Cruiser.
4. Hold the meter reset until the MAINT REQD light switches off.
If this procedure does not successfully reset your maintenance required light, make sure that your digital odometer is set with the odometer reading showing and try again. If the light is still lit, you can try disconnecting your Toyota Land Cruiser battery, causing the internal computer to reset. If you still haven’t successfully turned off the oil indicator MAINT REQD light, please read your manual or contact your dealer for further instruction!
Turn key switch ON or when start engine, the instrument panel will display “OIL Service” or“INSPECTION” and left distance for several seconds. If “Service” or“ INSPECTION” are lit all the time and the left distance is next to “0”? it indicates that it needs oil service reset.
Reset by manual :
1. Press RESET button in the left of instrument panel.
2. Turn key ON and to ACC position.
3. Waiting for the instrument displays “OIL Service” or “INSPECTION” is flashed.
4 Release RESET button, then press five seconds, the screen will display RESR or RE is flashed. Release RESET button again and press again till the screen displays “25000km”. Now reset is completed.
When you find there is “-“symbol in front of the left distance number in the screen, and you can’t do reset with the above method, now you can use X-431 to reset oil service.