Reset service light indicator Renault Scenic 2. From year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
How to reset service light indicator Renault Scenic 2.
1. Turn the ignition to ON position 2, don’t start the vehicle.
2. On cars with keycard ignition, insert the card, then push & hold the start button for 5 seconds to turn on the dashboard cluster lights.
3. Push & button on the end of the wiper stalk repeatedly until the warning spanner symbol and miles to service appears on the monitor, some models have 2 buttons, which cycle through the options in opposite directions, either button can be used in this case.
4. Push & hold the button.
5. The display will now change to the new service interval and start flashing.
6. Keep holding the button until the display stops flashing.
7. Release the button, turn ignition to off and start the car to see if warning light has been reset.
1) Ensure ignition key is turned off.
2) Press and hold the odometer reset button whilst turning the ignition switch to the on position.
3) Keep the odometer reset button pressed for 10 seconds whilst the service display counts down from 10 to 0. When the count down reaches zero the spanner icon will vanish from the display and the service indicator will be reset.
The service light on these vehicles is usually a spanner / wrench symbol. To reset that indicator:
Turn the Ignition ON (position 2) but do not start the engine
(On cars with keycard ignition, insert the card, then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to turn on the dash cluster)
Press the button on the end of the wiper stalk repeatedly until the spanner symbol and miles to service appears on the display
(Some models have 2 buttons, which cycle through the options in opposite directions – either button can be used in this case)
Press and hold the button
The display will now change to the new service interval and start flashing
Keep holding the button until the display stops flashing
Release the button
To reset the service indicator on the scenic II is as follows:
Scroll through the trip computer using the button on the end of the right hand stalk control until you get to the miles till service indicator (or the “change oil soon message” will appear if due)
Then press and hold the same button in and hold it. The miles indicator will then flash then change to 18000, keep the button pressed until the 18000 stops flashing.
NOTE: If the word “service” appears on your dash then that does NOT mean that a service is due. It is an indication that the vehicle is faulty and has a stored major fault code.
The indicator that a Service is due is when the words “change oil soon” appears or the spanner starts flashing.
Engine should be off, hold down both buttons at the end off stork.
Switch on still holding buttons down then switch off then press buttons ten times. The new mileage will show.
If it’s just the spanner flashing on the dashboard then it’s easy to reset.
Scroll through display using button on end of wiper stalk until you get to the remaining mileage.
Press and hold button until display flashes to new service mileage.
Keep button held until the spanner stops flashing and let go of button.
Turn ignition off and on to check, bingo!!
You can reset the SERV/MIL light by disconnecting battery negative for 20 seconds but you need to recode your radio, and if fault is still active it will come back on again