Resetting Oil Service Light on your 2002 – 2006 Cooper and Cooper S Hatchbacks, and 2005 – 2008 Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles:
1) Press and hold the trip button
2) Insert key and turn to position 1
3) Watch for RESET to appear
4) Release the button, then press & hold it again
5) Wait for the RESET to flash
6) Release the button, and then press & release (once only)
7) Service interval should then be reset to next interval
If that didn’t work, try this:
1. Push the Trip Button
2. Turn ignition key to position 1 and 51A will appear to left of mileage
3. Release trip button
4. Wait 3 seconds
5. Push trip button
6. Wait (5-8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner
7. Release trip button
8. Push trip button
9. 15000 will appear as new service interval
10. Release trip button
1. Press and hold the trip odometer button.
2. Insert car key and turn it to the fi rst position (not the second position).
3. You will see 51A come up in the trip odometer area.
4. Release, then press and hold again.
5. Watch for the word “RST” to appear on the Odometer indicator.
6. Release, then press and hold again.
7. Wait for the “RST” message to fl ash.
8. Release, and then press & release (once only).
1)Push-hold Trip Button (TB)
2)Turn key to position 1
3)Continue to hold (TB), the number 15A will show to the teft of the milage
4)Release (TB) for 3 sec and then hold (TB) again
5)In about 5-8 sec RST will show in the left corner
6)Release and then hold again 15000 will show, press and release
7)Car is now reset to the 15,000 service – (has completed 10,000 mile service) and will count down from 15,000.