RESETTING 5000 MILE SERVICE LAMP ON 1994 + 1995 850
NOTE: This function is for the service reminder lamp, be sure you have performed the proper service such as changing the oil before resetting. If the check engine lamp is illuminated when the car is running, you’ll need to have the car looked at by the Volvo dealer for proper diagnosis.
1. Turn on the ignition to the KPII position so the warning lamps on the dash are illuminated. Do not start the car.
2. Open the bonnet of the car and locate Diagnostic test port (A) behind the driver side headlamp.
3. Remove the cover and pull the jumper wire out of the holder in the cover.
4. Insert the jumper into terminal #7, then press button 4 times, wait approximately 5 seconds and the red lamp should glow continuously. You are now in the data reset mode.
5. Press the button 1 time and wait approximately 5 seconds for the lamp to glow again then press the button 5 times. After about 5 seconds the lamp will illuminate again, press the button 1 time and you will see the lamp flash repeatedly for a couple of seconds indicating that the service lamp has been properly reset.
6. If a mistake is made, simply switch the ignition off and back on to reset and start over.
1996 Model (Some of them)
On these models the diagnostic socket is in front of the gear stick. Switch the ignition on. As you look at the speedometer on the dash, beneath it opposite the trip reset button is a rubber plug. Remove the plug and with a thin pointer such as a ball point pen, depress the pin. This will reset the service light.
1999 Model Service Lamp Reset Procedure
1. Press and hold trip odometer reset button
2. Turn ignition key to run position KPII (not the start position)
3. Wait 30 seconds or until service light begins blinking
4. Release Trip Odometer button
5. Turn ignition to off position
Many Jeep vehicles track the intervals between oil changes to alert the driver when the next oil change is needed. A light illuminates on the control panel when the internal system determines it is time for an oil change. Most Jeep mechanics reset the oil light as part of the oil change service. If you change the oil in your Jeep yourself, you can manually reset the oil light. Resetting the oil light after an oil change allows the system to accurately track the time until the next oil change is needed. The procedures described in this article apply to 2010 Jeep models.
1.Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position. Do not start the engine.
2.Press the accelerator pedal completely to the floor slowly three times within a 10-second span.
3.Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
4.Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position again. The oil light should be off. If the oil light is still illuminated, repeat the previous steps.