Reset service light indicator Renault Scenic 2. From year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
How to reset service light indicator Renault Scenic 2.
1. Turn the ignition to ON position 2, don’t start the vehicle.
2. On cars with keycard ignition, insert the card, then push & hold the start button for 5 seconds to turn on the dashboard cluster lights.
3. Push & button on the end of the wiper stalk repeatedly until the warning spanner symbol and miles to service appears on the monitor, some models have 2 buttons, which cycle through the options in opposite directions, either button can be used in this case.
4. Push & hold the button.
5. The display will now change to the new service interval and start flashing.
6. Keep holding the button until the display stops flashing.
7. Release the button, turn ignition to off and start the car to see if warning light has been reset.
To reset the service indicator on the scenic II is as follows:
Scroll through the trip computer using the button on the end of the right hand stalk control until you get to the miles till service indicator (or the “change oil soon message” will appear if due)
Then press and hold the same button in and hold it. The miles indicator will then flash then change to 18000, keep the button pressed until the 18000 stops flashing.
NOTE: If the word “service” appears on your dash then that does NOT mean that a service is due. It is an indication that the vehicle is faulty and has a stored major fault code.
The indicator that a Service is due is when the words “change oil soon” appears or the spanner starts flashing.