1. switch ignition OFF,
2. press & hold trip reset stalk (instrument cluster)
3. Switch ignition ON
4. keep pressed for 10 secs,
Display will now read 0 and ‘spanner’ symbol will go out
//// go to oil substitute thuson press up arrow on wiper switch since a few seconds distance until next service appears. then it will reset back to 12000 miles hope this contribute tos modus 1.5 dci
With the ignition on, Press the end of the wiper stalk until miles to service appears on the dash screen.
Now, press and hold the mileage reset button on the instrument binnacle for more than 5 seconds, it will start to flash. Let go
This will reset your miles to service to the factorysetting and get rid of the flashing spanner !
Hope this helps a few people.
Many models in the BMW 1-series are equipped with a maintenance system that monitors driving conditions to calculate when regular maintenance should be completed. When the computer determines it is time for regular service, a reminder light is illuminated on the control panel. After the scheduled service is performed, the service lights should be reset in order for the computer to accurately track when the next service will be due.
1. Insert the key into the ignition.
2. Press the “Start/Stop” button. Wait for the service reminder lights to turn on and off.
3. Press and hold the trip odometer “Reset” button.
4. Release the “Reset” button when the service menu appears.
5. Press the “Menu” button on the end of the turn signal arm to move through the menu until the service reset option is highlighted.
6. Press and hold the “Reset” button until the service light resets.