BMW X5 Engine Oil Service reset
Turn the ignition to “0”
Press and hold odometer button and turn the ignition to “1”.
Hold odometer button pressed for approximately 5 seconds until the display shows: “Inspektion Re /
Release and press odometer button again until Reset flashes
Release and press odometer button shortly.
Release and press odometer button again.
The next oil service interval will be shown and will disappear.
Oil service lamp is now reset
Note: To abort the procedure at any time: turn the ignition to “0”.
S40 and V40 (1999+)
1. Hold down the odometer button
2. Turn the ignition so all the lights come on
4. Keep holding the odometer down for 30 secs or until the service light starts flashing
5. Release the odometer button while service light flashing
6. Turn off and on again to check
Resetting Oil Service Light on your 2002 – 2006 Cooper and Cooper S Hatchbacks, and 2005 – 2008 Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles:
1) Press and hold the trip button
2) Insert key and turn to position 1
3) Watch for RESET to appear
4) Release the button, then press & hold it again
5) Wait for the RESET to flash
6) Release the button, and then press & release (once only)
7) Service interval should then be reset to next interval
If that didn’t work, try this:
1. Push the Trip Button
2. Turn ignition key to position 1 and 51A will appear to left of mileage
3. Release trip button
4. Wait 3 seconds
5. Push trip button
6. Wait (5-8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner
7. Release trip button
8. Push trip button
9. 15000 will appear as new service interval
10. Release trip button
1. Press and hold the trip odometer button.
2. Insert car key and turn it to the fi rst position (not the second position).
3. You will see 51A come up in the trip odometer area.
4. Release, then press and hold again.
5. Watch for the word “RST” to appear on the Odometer indicator.
6. Release, then press and hold again.
7. Wait for the “RST” message to fl ash.
8. Release, and then press & release (once only).
1. Start the car and set the odometer to the total vehicle miles setting
2. Turn off the car
3. Hold in the odometer button
4. Turn the car on by pressing ‘start’ twice but DO NOT start the car (don’t press the break peddle)
5. Continue to hold the odometer button in until it resets to all zeros
6. Let it go
Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
Press and HOLD the trip-odometer button “0.0”.
Turn your key to run (one position before starting engine).
Release the trip-odometer button.
Push and release the Clock Minute Set Button “min”.
Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.