Reset oil service light BMW 7 Series. For models: BMW E32, BMW E38, BMW E65, BMW E66, BMW F01, BMW F02.
Reset oil service light BMW 7 Series model E38. From years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001.
How do you reset oil service light BMW 7 Series model E38.
“Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
1.Ignition position I
2. Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
3. Ignition position II. Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds
4. Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset. Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released
5. Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
6. If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.”
This is how you do it on a MK4 Mondeo, worth a go:-
1. Close all doors.
2. Turn the ignition key to position II.
3. Simultaneously press the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal and hold for a minimum of 15 seconds.
4. The oil change reminder indicator will turn off. This confirms that the reset procedure has been correctly completed.