The real repair is to have the vehicle serviced by a Bentley dealer. The other option is as follows…
Press and hold the trip button
While doing this, turn the ignition key into the on position
Let go of both, and you will see the words “service reset” on the drivers instrument panel screen
Now press the silver knurled roller switch “OK” on the right side of the steering wheel controls, by the menu button. This will confirm the request.
Well after a small but required service on the car I had to reset the warning light. The real quick deal to reset all the requested lights on Rover 75 is to do the following
Get a small wire, Turn the key to second position, Short Pin 8 and Pin 4 on the OBD connector for “4 seconds to reset oil light”, “8-25 seconds for the other 2 lights” and this will reset the 15000 service request for oil change. Quick and easy and not legal if you do it without actually doing the service.
1. Turn the ignition key to ON but do not start the engine.
2. Slowly depress the accelerator to the floor and release it three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
1. Put the key in the ignition and switch it on without starting the engine.
(Wait for LCD to return to the vehicle mileage)
2. Hold the “O” button down till you hear a beep (could take a while, 30 sec.)
3. Press the M button repeatedly and a number of reset menus will appear, (If you have used oil according to quality sheet 229.31 or 228/229.51 you can scroll to Reset.31 or Reset.51 respectively.) Select “reset 51”
4. Now, when appropriate oil type is selected press “O” for 6 seconds until ”2” is displayed.
5. Press “O” once again briefly and the ” reset done” message will confirm that the job is done.
6. Pull the Key out
FOR THE 2004 DODGE SPRINTER!
Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and immediately press the button MI (km) twice.
Within 10 seconds, return the key to the 0 in the ignition lock.
Press and hold the button MI (km). Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock. Keep the button MI (km) pressed.
The maintenance indicator with the time/distance is shown.
After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the maintenance indicator is displayed with the new remaining time / distance .
Release the button MI (km)
With the ignition key off, press and hold the trip button
while doing this, turn the ignition key to the on position
The driver’s instrument panel screen will now read “service reset.”
Now press the silver knurled knob on the right side of the steering wheel controls, this will confirm the operation.