Reset service light indicator Renault Safrane. How to reset maintenance light, reset oil service light. Can be made manually by use button on car dash board.
Reset service light indicator Renault Safrane. It was built in years: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
1. The reset button is located on the bottom right hand side of the Rev counter on the instrument cluster.
2. Turn ON the ignition, do not start the vehicle.
3. Push reset button until Spanner warning light symbol will start flash.
4. Keep button depressed until Spanner warning light symbol stops flashing and remains illuminated.
5. Indicator shows appropriate service interval.
6. Release reset button.
7. Turn OFF the ignition and then start your Renault Sfrane to see if spanner warning light has been reset.
Note. Some vehicles are fitted with a SERV lamp, this is not a service interval indicator lamp, it is a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).
Reset service light indicator Renault Scenic 2. From year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
How to reset service light indicator Renault Scenic 2.
1. Turn the ignition to ON position 2, don’t start the vehicle.
2. On cars with keycard ignition, insert the card, then push & hold the start button for 5 seconds to turn on the dashboard cluster lights.
3. Push & button on the end of the wiper stalk repeatedly until the warning spanner symbol and miles to service appears on the monitor, some models have 2 buttons, which cycle through the options in opposite directions, either button can be used in this case.
4. Push & hold the button.
5. The display will now change to the new service interval and start flashing.
6. Keep holding the button until the display stops flashing.
7. Release the button, turn ignition to off and start the car to see if warning light has been reset.
Service indicator system Seat Cordoba, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
IN00, No service is required, standard display.
OEL, When 7500 miles has been reached before the yearly service is required.
IN01, Indicates time for the yearly service inc oil change.
IN02, Indicates it is time for the Major service. T
O RESET THE INDIVIDUAL COUNTERS.
1) turn on ignition (do not start).
2) Press the trip reset button button on the speedo (the trip value will not reset to zero but will reappear when the procedure is finished).
3) Turn off the ignition and thne release the trip reset button. In the LCD display you will see the word OEL. Using the minute set button for the clock (lower one) you will reset the OEL interval counter. Press it, hold, release, 5 horizontal lines will appear in the display.
4) press and release the trip reset button. In the LCD display you will see IN01 repeat step 3 to reset the inspection counter when required.
5) Again press the trip reset and rest the IN02 counter if necessary. If doing an oil change only reset the OEL counter. If doing an inspection service reset both the OEL and IN01 counters. If doing a full service reset all 3, OEL, IN01 and ,IN02.
6) Turn on ignition (do not start the car).
7) After the appearance of the IN00 display turn off the ignition.
8) You are done the trip counter should read as it did before you started.
PROGRAMMING THE INTERVALS TO REQUIREMENTS
With todays higher spec oils and/or peoples need and desire to service more regular there is a way to alter the counters to your prefered settings (within reason).
1) Turn on ignition (dont start the car).
2) press the trip reset button also press the Minute set button on the clock (lower one).
3) The LCD display OEL 1,S where the S indicates SET.
4) Using the trip reset button you can call up the following counter data in sequence.
OEL 1,S Distance counter for oil change (7500 standard).
OEL 2,S Time counter for oil change (12 months).
IN 01,S Time counter for yearly service interval (12 months).
IN 02,S Distance counter for full service (15000 miles).
5) Using the minute SET button on the clock (lower one) you can display the current value repeated pressing of the button will select a subsequent lower value and at the lowest level will reset to the highest and start to decrease again (so dont panic). the steps work in miles (500 at a time) and time steps in bi-monthly (1, 2months) i.e.1,2,3,4,5,6.
6) Once you have set the counter to the value you require turn off the ignition.
7) Job done