Reset oil service light BMW 7 Series. For models: BMW E32, BMW E38, BMW E65, BMW E66, BMW F01, BMW F02.
Reset oil service light BMW 7 Series model E38. From years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001.
How do you reset oil service light BMW 7 Series model E38.
- Ignition key must be off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster (left button), and turn the ignition key to the first position.
- Keep the button pressed for approx 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: “Oil Service” with “Reset”.
- The service due is shown with “reset” if the coded minimum consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If “reset” is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible.
- Press and hold the reset button again until the word “Reset” begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval the following will appear: “End SIA”.
- The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.