1. With the car started (ignition on), set the LCD odometer readout to total mileage (not trip A or B).
2.Turn the car off (ignition key to the OFF position).
3. Push in AND HOLD the button/knob that switches the odometer
4. Turn key to ON position without starting the car. You will notice the maintenance light blink and go out.
5. Release the odometer button/knob.
6. Turn key to OFF position.
That’s it! The “MAINT REQD” light has been reset to warn you to change your oil in another 5,000 or 7,500 miles or so.