1. Turn the ignition key to ON but do not start the engine.
2. Slowly depress the accelerator to the floor and release it three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
To reset the oil change indicator system (after
performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not
start the engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times
within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you
start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not
reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
1. Put the key in the ignition and switch it on without starting the engine.
(Wait for LCD to return to the vehicle mileage)
2. Hold the “O” button down till you hear a beep (could take a while, 30 sec.)
3. Press the M button repeatedly and a number of reset menus will appear, (If you have used oil according to quality sheet 229.31 or 228/229.51 you can scroll to Reset.31 or Reset.51 respectively.) Select “reset 51”
4. Now, when appropriate oil type is selected press “O” for 6 seconds until ”2” is displayed.
5. Press “O” once again briefly and the ” reset done” message will confirm that the job is done.
6. Pull the Key out
FOR THE 2004 DODGE SPRINTER!
Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and immediately press the button MI (km) twice.
Within 10 seconds, return the key to the 0 in the ignition lock.
Press and hold the button MI (km). Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock. Keep the button MI (km) pressed.
The maintenance indicator with the time/distance is shown.
After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the maintenance indicator is displayed with the new remaining time / distance .
Release the button MI (km)
With the ignition key off, press and hold the trip button
while doing this, turn the ignition key to the on position
The driver’s instrument panel screen will now read “service reset.”
Now press the silver knurled knob on the right side of the steering wheel controls, this will confirm the operation.
The service light on these vehicles is usually a spanner / wrench symbol. To reset that indicator:
Turn the Ignition ON (position 2) but do not start the engine
(On cars with keycard ignition, insert the card, then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to turn on the dash cluster)
Press the button on the end of the wiper stalk repeatedly until the spanner symbol and miles to service appears on the display
(Some models have 2 buttons, which cycle through the options in opposite directions – either button can be used in this case)
Press and hold the button
The display will now change to the new service interval and start flashing
Keep holding the button until the display stops flashing
Release the button