To reset the oil service light, use the following procedure:
1. With the ignition in the off position, press the brake and accelerator pedals.
2. For keyed vehicles, turn the key to the accessory position; for pushbutton start vehicles, press the Start/Stop button once quickly. Do not start the engine.
3. Press the accelerator and brake pedals fully for 20 seconds.
4. “Engine Oil Change Due Next Service” and the oil service light will display.
5. Turn the vehicle off. The message and lights will be cleared.
Under what Ford terms “normal” conditions, oil changes will occur at a maximum of every 10,000 miles (16,000 kilometers) or 12 months. Other services to be performed at every oil change include:
• Rotate tires.
• Inspect wheels and related components for noise, wear, looseness or drag.
• Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake linings, hoses and parking brake.
• Inspect engine cooling system for strength; inspect cooling system hoses.
• Inspect exhaust system and heat shields.
• Inspect half-shaft boots.
• Inspect and lubricate steering linkage, ball joints, suspension, tie-rod ends and U-joints if equipped with grease fittings.
• Inspect cabin air filter (if equipped).
1)Push-hold Trip Button (TB)
2)Turn key to position 1
3)Continue to hold (TB), the number 15A will show to the teft of the milage
4)Release (TB) for 3 sec and then hold (TB) again
5)In about 5-8 sec RST will show in the left corner
6)Release and then hold again 15000 will show, press and release
7)Car is now reset to the 15,000 service – (has completed 10,000 mile service) and will count down from 15,000.
The directions that come with your vehicle are lousy, and the process stinks to. And keep in mind that if you do not press the buttons fast enough, or hold long enough, you must start over. It usually takes a few tries. Here’s how to do it:
1.) Press the TRIP/RESET button to cycle to “SETUP MENU HOLD RESET”.
2.) Now press and hold the button for 2 seconds until “RESET FOR SYSTEM CHECK” is displayed, then release.
3.) Imediately press and hold button for 2 more seconds until “Oil 100% RESET IF NEW” is displayed, then release.
4.) Imediately press button once to display “HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL” and release.
5.) Imediately press and hold button for 2 seconds until “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
If you have done this dance properly, without delaying too long between steps, you are done. What a pain in the butt just to reset the oil maintenance light!!!